Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Updates on our fourth week:)

" You don't know that God is all you need until it's all you Got," so very true and it is in times like these that I am so thankful we have our faith. It is what keeps us strong, real, normal and most importantly encouraged. 


We shaved David's head again since his last post. As you can see, he has started to loose all the hair where the radiation is. He shouldn't loose any of the hair in the back. But, we shaved it to get it to all blend together. Looks a lot better! We have had so much fun doing this with the kids and I was asked if I was going to shave my head. I will be very truthful, that would be an absolute NO. 
David is a million times tougher then me. He comments often on how he is glad he has the Cancer and not myself or one of the children. This breaks my heart, but also confirms the strong husband and father I married. This past saturday a.m. I woke up to take a 5 mile jog with the kids. I was surprised, as all the neighbors were, when he decided to join me. Yes, he did not run the whole thing, but he got up and attempted as much as he could and even finished with a 400 yard sprint against me. Though he paid for it after with fatigue and a little naseau he was glad he did it and even happier that he beat me in the sprint. The competitveness never goes away.


WE are SO HUMBLED and thankful to everyone and I am still writing thank you's. So, I promise if you have not received you will! A few weeks ago we opened the mail to a generous gift from some very special people in the community of North Platte, where we lived for 8 years before moving to Waco. We had no idea how to say thank you to so many people. How do you say thank you to a whole community? The only best way I could think was a letter to the editor:) I share this because it not only continues to show our thanks to North Platte, but gives a glimps to everyone else where we moved from:)




This past saturday we had the wonderful joy of throwing our sweet friend Wren a baby shower for little Grace that came home from THE NICU on Wednesday. It was a last minute baby shower given Wren's circumstances with Chemo. We wanted to throw Wren a shower that was full of celebration for Baby Grace. Baby Grace received so many fun things and was precious in her mommies arms. She is a little over 5 pounds and a fighter like her mama. I thank you to all of you that are praying for Wren. At this time we know the Cancer has spread from her Colon and know that she does have stage 4 Colon Cancer. I am so happy that Wren and Bryan went to meet with an Oncologist today for a second opinion on what treatments can be done. We are all praying for Wren and healing. We are also praying for Wren and Bryan's parents and their continue strength helping with Brayden and Eli, their other two children. Praying for Doctor's wisdom. Praying for answers. Praying for continued faith and strength. Praising for the people's lives that Wren and Bryan have touched through their experience and praising for how Cancer has brought Bryan and Wren into David's and mine's lives. We have had some wonderful time spent one on one with them. They help us as much as we help them offering support when it comes to a listening ear. Below is Wren and sweet baby Grace.


  


I found this video below and it summarizes both Wren and David in so many ways. Listening to them talk, I hear them in this video. I hope you enjoy it as much as David and I did. WE love you all and we are praying for good results as we continue our fourth week of radiation and thanking God for all of you.  


Love the Hurst Family!