Monday, September 12, 2011

First Day of Radiation- From Dana

Every day from God is a gift, that is why it is called the PRESENT:) Thank you Aunt Mary for sharing such a true statement.

The past week has been a breeze getting ready for radiation. We have been anxious to get started and get it done with. There has been so much positive around us and we continue to make sure that is reflecting in the household and with the children. 

Our only downer the past week, was Parker woke up one morning with a small case of Mouth, Hand, Foot Virus. It is a viral thing that is pretty common and spreads rapidly through kids. He had it for a couple days and was fine. It is rare for adults to get it and we did not pay to much attention to the fact that we could get infected. David woke up this past Sunday with the virus and pretty much would tell you, not so fun. There is not much you can do for it, just wait it out. And all we can do it laugh, that of all people David would get it:)

But, before he was put down with this nasty virus he did enjoy a wonderful weekend hunting with neighbors, friends and family. The great outdoors and enjoying God's beauty is one of David's favorite things to do. Although he could not hunt, he still enjoyed every minute of it.

So beyond the little road block with the MHFoot Virus, David has been FEELING wonderful. Like anyone who see's him will say you would not know that he had surgery only a few short weeks ago. He has been getting back to work doing some administrative stuff and that has been such a relief for him to get out and do. He loves his job and the ability to work and help others. So he is very anxious to get back.

First day of radiation today. It was pretty uneventful and I can't say that we have noticed anything. We have appreciated all the prayers and text messages today. I really believe with all my heart that like surgery, radiation is going to be a cynch for David. He is in just such good spirits, shape and a true fighter. 

As many of you know, the tumor was in the frontal lobe and effects mood and behavior. I thought when they took the tumor out that my husband I married would be back. Well, not so much. You had the steroids and all the medication and then the fact that they took some of his frontal lobe out. The doctors assured me once he was off the meds and his brain had time to re adjust he would be back to his normal self, and they were right. We have had such an enjoyable past 48 hours, despite the MouthHandFoot:) He is getting back to him self as far as his spirits, his work ethic, his loving personality and his passion for life. I can't tell you how happy that makes me and also how I know it is because of all of your prayers.

I met some interesting and loving people today during radiation while I sat in the lobby. They like your radiation to be the same time everyday. So, these loving people will be a part of our lives every day for the next 6 weeks. WE have heard SO MANY success stories. The radiation Oncologist is hooking us up with a 31 year old lady named Whitney. She had the same tumor as David. She had surgery, radiation and chemo. She has been TUMOR free for 5 years and still TUMOR free. They said she is just an amazing person with so much joy. I am so anxious to meet her!

I ask that you continue to pray for us as we start and continue radiation. I also ask that you pray for Holly. Holly is the front desk lady. Who talks to all of us out in the waiting room. She gets to know all of us and is a young girl that I don't think realizes how important her impact is. Praise God that God put such a bright, smiling face young lady to converse with all of us and get to know our families. I also ask that you pray for God to use me in any way as I get to know the others in the lobby. You see so much love but you also see Sadness and I look forward to going on this journey with these other individuals.

We love you all!