Sunday, August 14, 2011

Heading Home

We have had such an awesome weekend in Houston and have enjoyed spending time with family and friends.

I know a lot of you have had questions about insurance. We have insurance that will cover 100% if we get the work done through the Scott and White network. David spent long lengthy conversations on friday talking to SWHP and we are in an appeal process. God is stalling us for some reason, but we will be patient and continue to fight the insurance and this tumor all at once. We asked that tonight you pray for the individuals that are deciding on David's case. That their hearts will be softened and they will understand the severity of the case. Also, know that this is not a reflection on the physicians of Scott and White or the hospital of Scott and White. We are so blessed because all of these individuals including Hillcrest Hospital are willing to stand behind us and fight this for us. All of these individuals also have been using every contact they know of in the Scott and White Health Care Plan explaining David's situation and why this should be covered. Tomorrow, we will go to Temple and try to meet face to face with some of these individuals. Pray for the hearts to be softened and for patience on David and mine's part.

I had to share this today as I felt another way that you know God is right by you. David and I received devotional books from our wonderful friends Rosemary and Troy. We opened them up and read the days devotion.

Mine Read:

Come to Me when you are weak and weary. Rest snugly in My everlasting arms. I do not despise your weakness, My child. Actually, it draws Me closer to you, because weakness stirs My compassion- My yearning to help. Accept yourself in your weariness, knowing that I understand how difficult your journey has been.
Do not compare yourself with others, who seem to skip along their paths with ease. Their journeys have been different from yours, and I have gifted them with abundant energy. I have gifted you with fragility, providing opportunities for your spirit to blosson in My Presence. Accept this gift as a sacred treasure: delicate, yet glowing with brillant Light. Rahter than struggling to disguise or deny your weakness, allow Me to bless you richly through it.
Isaiah 42:3 Isaiah 54:10 Romans 8:26

David's Read:
Learn to enjoy your life more. Relax, remembering that I am God with you. I crafted you with enormous capacity to know ME and enjoy My prescence. When people wear sour faces and walk through their lives with resigned rigidity, I am displeased. When you walk through a day with childlike delight, savoring every blessing, your proclain your trust in Me, your ever-present Shepherd. The more you focus on My Prescense with you, the more fully you can enjoy life. Glorify Me through your pleasure in Me. Thus you proclaim My Presence to the watching world.
Matthew 1:23, John 10:10-11


We both read the above and it just fit perfect. David is abundant in energy and full of life. He does not stop and sour upon this and still enjoys every moment. Me on the other hand have had my days and feel weak. We acutally laugh saying, I am experiencing sympathy brain tumor symptoms. Anyway, the above was perfect for our experience. It was a little later we realized we had the same book? And then we were wondering why they read different if we were on the same day? I was on the wrong day:) God is powerful, and solid. He does not leave us.

Love and Hugs,
Dana