Sunday, August 14, 2011

"Put your fears out of your mind tonight and hand them over to God, He is going to be up all night anyways, you need a good nights sleep:)" Thank you Katie C. Always good to smile and this made me smile:)


It was nice to come back from Houston to a home filled with cards and thoughtful things for the kids. We also were greeted by some wonderful friends in our bible study with dinner and prayer. Spending time with others is the best part of all of this.

Tonight, David and I sat at dinner and read each card that we received and felt such love and warmth. As we have said, it is through your words and actions that we see the face of God and gain the strength we need for this journey. We are so thankful for each of you and your friendships.

I have received some phone calls on what to pray for tonight. My friend Rachelle sent this prayer to me and I thought I would share it. If you ever wonder what to pray or how the simplest prayer can help us through this journey read this prayer below.

Lord, I pray for the Hursts and the story You are writing in their lives. Lord, we thank you for the doors You've opened, and the doctors they have met with. I do pray that you would provide funding for them through insurance. I do pray that you will protect Dana's mind from any doubts or fear that will creep in--help her to have unwavering faith in what you can do in David's life. Lord we wait expectantly for what you will do. We pray for the surgery to go smoothly with no complications--we pray that every cell of cancer is removed without any damage to his brain. Lord you are Jehovah Rapha (our Healer), and we pray that you make all things new in David's brain. Give Dana, David, the kids and their family the courage and strength to believe and trust in you from now until next Thursday evening. I pray again for protection from the enemy at this time so they will hear your voice clearly and have peace that passes understanding. I pray they will take up the shield of faith so they can extinguish any flaming arrows of the evil one that would destroy their hope and faith in you, (Eph. 6:16) and I pray that you will give them constant peace and encouragement. I also pray that they will "walk by faith and not by sight" (2 Cor. 5:7) so that any medical person or friend who reads their story will know that this is the work of the Lord, by your power and might. I thank you that they are looking to You as their source of strength and refreshment, and I pray that You continue to pour into their lives. Lord, let it be that David is fully restored! In Jesus' name, the only name with the power to heal, Amen.

Love and Hugs!

The Hursts