Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Night Before Surgery

Good Evening Everyone,

Our phones are ringing off the hook with emails, phone calls and text messages. And we thank you. We feel so loved and feel in complete peace now that God is in complete control of tomorrow.

We had a long day with testing. We met with the anesthesiologist last. That was pretty hard as he explained the awake crainotomy and how David will go from an asleep state to an awake state then back to sleep. David pulled out his camera phone and showed Dr. Freson pictures of our children and said I want to be fully functioning for them when I wake up. I want to live for them. The anesthesiologist, Dr. Freson gave David and I both hugs and said that we are going to be OK. MD Anderson is known for these surgery's and they are going to do their best to get as much of the tumor out with out touching and affecting David's speech and motor areas.

Tonight we went to dinner with David's long time friend Alex who flew in and his Houston native friend Bob and his wife Mindy. David's parents were able to join us and it was nice to just relax and enjoy life and all that God has given us.

David and I have hugged a lot today and have laughed and smiled a lot. We have had no tears. It is an amazing relief you feel when you know that at this point it is out of your control and in God's hands. I believe God chose us for this. And I have said that a lot. And in some sort of a way, I want to make sure that we make God proud and honor him through this whole journey every way we can.

I ask that tomorrow, wherever you are and whoever you are with, that you stop and say a prayer. Pray for Dr. Rao, that he will have a clear mind and steady hands as he goes in to operate on David's brain. Pray for Dr. Freson, that he will make good judgement in anesthesia for David. Pray for healing David and to not have his motor or speech affected with this surgery. Pray for David's parents, as this is their son and for their hearts to feel the warmth from all the prayers that David and I have been so lucky to feel. Pray for our children, they are without mommy and daddy and may they feel the warmth of your prayers and love.

David's favorite color is Green and our great friend Ashley W. thought it would be cool if we could sport our Green tomorrow. It would just serve as a reminder to stop and pray for David. If you stop and pray, send me a text, although I feel God's peace, it is so nice and warming to know he is being prayed for while we wait in the room.

David would be so upset if I didn't end this with asking you all to also continue to thank God for the many blessings we are all given. Yes, David has Brain Cancer, but I look at the pictures and the many things David and I have accomplished and feel so very blessed.

I am honored that many of you feel that our faith has made an impact on you, but it is really you that has impacted our faith. It is through you that we see God is carrying us along every step of the way. There is no better place to be than in Gods hands.

Today my devotion read:

FIND ME IN THE MIDST of the maelstrom. Sometimes events whirl around you so quickly that they become a blur. Whisper My name in recognition that I am still with you. Without skipping a beat in the activities that occupy you, you find strength and Peace through praying My Name. Later, when the happenings have run their course, you can talk with Me more fully.

Accept each day just as it comes to you. Do not waste your time and energy wishing for a different set of circumstances. Instead, trust Me enough to yield to My Design and purposes. Remember that nothing can separate you from My Loving Presence; you are Mine.

Love you all!
Dana and David
Audrey and Parker